Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 teaspoons california garlic powder (probably any garlic powder, not garlic salt, will do)
- 4 teaspoons coarsely ground coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt (kosher or sea)
- 4 teaspoons dill weed
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (or cayenne pepper)
- 4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper (coarse)
- Mix all& store in a glass container.
Fabulous! I have not tried the "real" thing. Came across this when looking for a way to spice up a not prime cut of venison. Did a slow-cooker roast first rubbing the tough meat with olive oil, then this seasoning. - Since I have used it on grilled venison (- tenderloin) and on chicken. It is so good I am mixing up a huge batch and adding a zip-lock baggie full to each of my 4 adult children's Christmas package!
Good. Can be improved by using Smoked Sea Salt, and less Coriander.
Never had the real thing, so just have to take your word, but it sure is tasty and works in recipes I have tried it in!