Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The combination of the steak, tomato and carmelized onion gives this sandwich a wonderful moistness that screams "hold the mayo" so I do.
- 1⁄2 French baguettes or 1⁄2 French roll
- 3⁄4 lb sirloin or 3⁄4 lb skirt steak
- 1 medium roma tomato, sliced thin
- 1 maui onion, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
For The Steak Marinade
- 1⁄4 cup garlic oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- Combine steak, olive oil, soy sauce and Montreal Steak Seasoning in a plastic bag and marinate overnight.
- Remove steak from refrigerator 1/2 hour before grilling, discard marinade and Grill to desired doneness.
- When steak is finished grilling, set aside and start grilling of onions as steak will need to "rest" a couple of minutes while it finishes cooking.
- Heat grill to high. Brush onions on both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill on each side for 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly charred and just cooked through.
- Slice the baggete and hollow out, Layer thin slices of Roma tomato on bottom of bread add sliced steak ,top with grilled onions and top of bread.