Recipe by peg_lyn
My Mother-in-law found this recipe in a McCormick Spices Cookbook flier and made a few adjustments. It is a simple, quick and delicious way to grill chicken.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded out to 1/4 inch thickness
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mccormick grill-mates montreal roasted garlic brand poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup mild salsa
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves or 1⁄3 cup jam or 1⁄3 cup peach preserves or 1⁄3 cup jam or 1⁄3 cup seedless strawberry preserves or 1⁄3 cup jam
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts to taste in a 9x13 dish.
- Sprinkle chicken with Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning and allow to set for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining salsa, preserves, lemon juice, and chili powder.
- Grill chicken over medium coals 6-7 minutes per side or until done. Brush with salsa mixture during the last 3 minutes of grilling.