I love Montreal steak seasoning and never thought to add it to vegetables. These potatoes are outrageous! Found this on the internet, but it most likely originated from McCormick.
- Cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and return to saucepan and reduce heat to low.
- Add parmesan cheese, steak seasoning and garlic powder.
- Mash potatoes with a fork or potato masher.
- Gradually add milk, butter and sour cream until all ingredients are combined.
- Serve immediately or spoon into a lightly buttered 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Cover and keep warm in a 250° oven until ready to serve.
Very good smashed potato recipe. I made these to go along with a surf and turf dinner. they complimented both the beef and seafood wonderfully. thank you for sharing this recipe with us, I will use the again and again.
Excellent! I made them along with a steak, and they were a fantastic side. More flavorful than ordinary mashed potatoes, but not overwhelming.