Recipe by didyb
Yummy sauce, good and cheesey, easy to make- what more could you ask for?
Top Review by Stacky5
Very nice! Such an easy recipe, and I was a bit skeptical about using Miracle Whip (since I'm a Hellman's Mayo gal), but I made this recipe exactly as written, and the sauce was AMAZING! Really creamy and delicious and a perfect compliment to the fish. I like my fish a little overcooked too, so I ended up baking it for 20 minutes like your note said. Even an ex-DH who happened to be visiting loved this fish recipe. And SO easy to prepare! Thanks, didyb, for yet another Keeper in my house.
- 1 lb white fish fillet, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dry onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip light
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Spray 9X9 pan with cooking spray and put fish in pan.
- Mix butter, onion, Montreal Seasoning, and Miracle Whip and spread on top of fish.
- Bake for 10 minutes per inch thickness of fish (until fish flakes easily with a fork).
- Top with cheese and bake til melted (5 minutes).
- (I may overcook my fish, but that's how my husband likes it- I usually cook it for 20 minutes, than an additional 5 or so with the cheese).
- Serve with rice to use up all the delicious sauce.