Recipe by wildhorse
This recipe is from a lamb cookbook I found at a yard sale entitled "Lamb Around The World". It is a fairly easy recipe yielding an absolutely delicious entree. I have not actually timed the preparation so this is a "guesstimate".
Top Review by Ladibugz
These were delicious! Odd sounding (coffee and horseradish?) but unique and tastey combination. Thanks for another great recipe! Will be superb with your baked potatoes on the side!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 lamb loin chops, about 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee (brewed)
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter; add lamb chops and cook over medium heat until browned on both sides.
- Remove lamb; reserve drippings.
- Add horseradish; mix with drippings in skillet.
- Arrange lamb in greased shallow casserole.
- Combine sugar, coffee, and egg yolks; mix well.
- Cook over boiling water (or use a double-boiler), stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Combine coffee sauce and horseradish mixture in skillet; mix well.
- Pour coffee mixture over lamb.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.