Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, sliced thin
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 can green chili, cut lengthwise
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- parsley (optional)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice and parboil zucchini (about 5 minutes, drain well).
- Slit and seed chilies.
- Place rice on bottom of greased 13 x 9 inch casserole.
- Place chilies on rice and then cheese slices (saving some for the top).
- Layer with zucchini, then mushrooms, then tomato.
- Mix sour cream, green pepper, green onion and seasonings together.
- Spread on top of the tomato.
- Place remaining cheese slices on top and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes.
wonderful recipe- i added a little table salt to give the rice a little more flavor- but it was great!! this will be a regular fm now on!