1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This is a very figure friendly chili. Unless you add the cheese and sour cream. Serving size is about 2 cups at approx 380 calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped small
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1Heat oil in stock pot until hot over high heat.
- 2Add the bell pepper,onion, celery, carrots and reduce heat.
- 3Saute until onions are translucent, approx 15 minutes.
- 4Add the turkey and garlic, cook until brown approx 10-15 minutes. For a thicker chili don't break up the meat to much. Drain off excess fat.
- 5Add the chili powder, oregano, cumin and cayenne pepper and cook for an additional minute.
- 6Add the green chilies, beans and tomatoes.
- 7Stir in salt and pepper and cilantro if desired. Simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- 8Serve with optional toppings.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monterey Turkey Chili
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.1
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 89.6 mg
- Sodium 705.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 25.4 g