Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is a very figure friendly chili. Unless you add the cheese and sour cream. Serving size is about 2 cups at approx 380 calories.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped small
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 8 ounces sour cream (optional)
- 1 small red onion, chopped (optional)
- Heat oil in stock pot until hot over high heat.
- Add the bell pepper,onion, celery, carrots and reduce heat.
- Saute until onions are translucent, approx 15 minutes.
- Add the turkey and garlic, cook until brown approx 10-15 minutes. For a thicker chili don't break up the meat to much. Drain off excess fat.
- Add the chili powder, oregano, cumin and cayenne pepper and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the green chilies, beans and tomatoes.
- Stir in salt and pepper and cilantro if desired. Simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Serve with optional toppings.