Recipe by Caroline Cooks
Using left-over taco meat filling in a delicious and easy sandwich. Prep time does not include cooking the ground beef.
Top Review by CindiJ
Great way to use up left over taco meat and perfect for my DH lunch. He loves tacos and this way just down his alley! Easy to make and easy (less messy than taco) to eat. Thanks for sharing this great recipe that we will use again, often.
- 1 pita bread
- 1⁄2 cup taco seasoned cooked ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup boston lettuce, shredded
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olives (sliced)
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pita bread in half, if not purchased pre-cut. (Can use two flour tortillas as a substitute.).
- Divide beef filling between halves.
- Place shredded lettuce, chopped tomato and olives inside each pita.
- Divide shredded cheese between halves.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve.