Recipe by JanuaryBride
This is a budget friendly fix it in a flash type of recipe with endless possibilities. It can be served on cornbread with a dollop of sour cream as an open faced sandwich, as a wrap with lettuce cheese and some ranch dressing, over rice with cheese on top, as a filling for a burrito or quesedilla or even dump it in a baking dish and cover with cheese and some prepared corn bread mix and bake it for a great casserole. I think this would also be good made into a pizza by spreading it on a cooked pizza crust and topping with cheese, baking til bubbly and adding cilantro after cooking!!! Add hot sauce if you like spicy, add cheese on top if you like cheesy. . .you get the drift! So have fun with it. Recipe from Trader Joe's
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chunked
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (more if you like it saucy)
- cilantro (to garnish)
- shredded Mexican blend cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium high heat, saute onion in a pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cook until the onions are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Carefully mix in chicken, beans and corn. Turn heat down to medium and let items warm up for about 3 minutes, stirring as needed.
- Add BBQ sauce, stir gently until everything is coated. Continue to heat until warmed through (about 4 more minutes).