Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 ounces French fried onion rings
- Cook spaghetti until al dente.
- In large bowl mix together sour cream, parmesan, and garlic.
- After beating the egg separately, add to above mixture.
- Transfer to a greased slow cooker.
- Mix cooked spaghetti, 2 cups jack cheese, thawed spinach, and half of the fried onions to the crock pot.
- Stir contents of cooker until blended.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- In last 30 minute.
- of cooking, turn to HIGH if cooking on LOW and add rest of cheese and onions on top.
- Serve when cheese is melted.
I have used this recipe for years but never done it in a crockpot. I tried in the crockpot for a pot luck supper and it was delicious as always. This has been a family favorite.
This didn't go over well with my family. I found the addition of french fried onions puzzling, but tried it anyway.