Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 medium onion, chopped (I use frozen)
- 1 green pepper, chopped (I use frozen)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, diced (I use Muir Glen fire-roasted)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (If you like it spicy, use the tomatoes with chilies here)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice (I use Uncle Ben's, can also use longer cooking rice, but increase cooking time)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Saute beef and drain.
- Add onion and peppers, saute until softened.
- Add paprika and garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add contents of cans, rice and corn.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve with grated cheese.
- Can also be served in a flour tortilla as a burrito.
I thought this was very good. DH thought it was bland. So next time I will be adding taco seasoning to the meat and probably hot Rotel. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I will make it again and hopefully get DH's approval. We did serve as burritos as suggested.