Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Celebrity Sandwich, Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- 8 slices focaccia bread (or other rust-style Italian bread, ciabatta is good)
- 1⁄2 cup prepared ranch dressing
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, grilled and thinly sliced
- 16 slices fresh tomatoes (sliced thin)
- 16 slices bacon, fried crisp and drained
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese (or enough to completely cover the sandwiches)
- extra virgin olive oil
- Lay out the bread and spread the inside of each slice with 1 tablespoon ranch dressing.
- Cover each of the four slices of bread with one of the sliced chicken breast halves, 4 tomato slices, 4 bacon slices, and 1 slice of cheese.
- Cover with remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Brush the top and bottom of each sandwich with olive oil.
- Place the panini in a large heavy frying pan; place a slightly smaller heavy pan on top of the panini to weigh them down; cook over medium heat for 4 minutes, turn the panini over, replace the second frying pan and cook for 4 more minutes or until the bread is toasted and the filling is warmed through.
- Remove from pan, slice and serve immediately.
- **Panini can also be cooked on an indoor-style grill, a stovetop grill, or a panini grill.
- **Suggestion—marinate the chicken breasts in Italian dressing for 2 hours in the refrigerator, then grill.
I actually came up with a similar idea to this on my own today for lunch. I used a regular sandwich bread, toasted one side, topped with ranch dressing, chicken, bacon, tomato, grilled cheese and then some spinach leaves...yummo!