Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Turkey, bacon, and avocado flavor this California classic.
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, minced
- 8 slices hearty white bread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 slices deli turkey
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- 16 slices avocados
- Combine cheeses and jalepeños in bowl.
- Brush top side of each slice of bread with melted butter.
- Flip 4 slices over, layer with 1/4 cup cheese mixture, 2 slices turkey, 3 strips bacon, and 3-4 slices avocado.
- Cover with remaining bread slices, buttered side up.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat for 1 minute.
- Place 2 sandwiches in pan and weight with round cake pan, pressing lightly.
- Leave cake pan on top and cook until first side is golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Flip sandwiches, press again with cake pan, and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining 2 sandwiches.
- (Cooking For a Crowd.
- Grilled cheese sandwiches are best cooked two at a time. If you want to keep the first batch hot, place a baking sheet in the oven and heat the oven to 250 degrees. When the first batch is done, slide the sandwiches onto the hot baking sheet to keep them crisp and warm.).