Tired of the same old tuna or turkey or PBJ sandwiches? Give this one a try the next time you have a hankering for something different. Easy to make and very tasty. Alter dressing to your liking. Bon appetit--
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 slice Italian bread or 1 slice sourdough bread
- 2 slices monterey jack cheese or 2 slices muenster cheese
- 3 slices ripe tomatoes
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprout
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 mushroom, sliced
- 1 -2 slice peeled ripe avocado
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- Italian dressing or vinaigrette dressing, to your liking
- 1Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- 2Toast bread on one side in toaster oven or oven. Remove.
- 3Top untoasted side of bread with cheese and bake 3-7 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- 4Working quickly, top cheese with tomato slices, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange sprouts, onions, mushroom, avocado, and bacon on top.
- 5Serve with dressing. Makes one serving. Should be eaten with knife and fork.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monterey Melt Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.7
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 67.4 mg
- Sodium 796.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper