Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tired of the same old tuna or turkey or PBJ sandwiches? Give this one a try the next time you have a hankering for something different. Easy to make and very tasty. Alter dressing to your liking. Bon appetit--
- 1 slice Italian bread or 1 slice sourdough bread
- 2 slices monterey jack cheese or 2 slices muenster cheese
- 3 slices ripe tomatoes
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup alfalfa sprout
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 mushroom, sliced
- 1 -2 slice peeled ripe avocado
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- Italian dressing or vinaigrette dressing, to your liking
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Toast bread on one side in toaster oven or oven. Remove.
- Top untoasted side of bread with cheese and bake 3-7 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Working quickly, top cheese with tomato slices, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange sprouts, onions, mushroom, avocado, and bacon on top.
- Serve with dressing. Makes one serving. Should be eaten with knife and fork.