Recipe by Pinay0618
Ground turkey, taco seasoning, macaroni, and cheese make a quick weeknight supper.
Top Review by FloridaNative
We LOVED this ~ I used ground buffalo (personal preference) and added minced onion and garlic to that. Otherwise, I followed the recipe as written, except I didn't add quite so many black olives :) Fabulous blend of flavors and super-easy to make ~ great combo for a busy weeknight dinner. Thanks SweetJezebel ~ made for PAC FALL 2009!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄2 lb macaroni or 1⁄2 lb other shaped pasta
- 1 cup cubed monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add ground turkey or chicken and stir, breaking into small pieces. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Add taco seasoning and stir to distribute evenly. Add corn, tomatoes and olives. Stir to heat through. Keep warm.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. When pasta is ready, remove 1/2 cup of the cooking water, set aside and drain pasta.
- In large bowl, toss hot pasta with turkey or chicken mixture and the reserved cooking water. Add cheese, stirring until soft.
- Serve in bowls with tortilla chips on the side.