Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 8 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 5 -6 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup diced red pepper
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- In a large frying pan cook bacon untill crisp.
- Drain, reserving 1 tbsp drippings.
- Combine bacon potatoes onion green and red pepper and reserved bacon drippings in a shallow rectangular casserole.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or untill potatoes are tender.
- Remove foil.
- Broil untill browned and crisp.
I made these potatoes for a Christmas buffet and they were such a big hit. I used about 10 medium potatoes and it still tasted delicious. I used precooked bacon so used olive oil instead of the bacon fat. I added a bit more cheese and tucked it between the potatoes as well as just on top. Delicious! and so easy to prepare.