Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from my friend Jen, who got it from her SIL. I really love this salsa. We try to find new and inventive things to do with it if when we have any leftovers. It is great over grilled chicken and beef. With these ingredients, you could use leftovers with just about everything. It is a bit time consuming with the blender part, but don't let that scare you away, you have to try this salsa! The blender seems to be the best place to get the cheese to a crumb texture. Please enjoy! Preparation time does not include chill time.
- 1 (1 lb) package monterey jack cheese
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, seperated from stems and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced into small,bite size pieces
- 2 bunches scallions, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) canof chopped green chili peppers
- 1 (2/3 ounce) packetgood season Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup of your favorite oil
- Mix Italian Dressing packet with vinegar, water and oil.
- Shake well and set side.
- Cut Monterey Jack Cheese into chunks and place in a blender a few at a time.
- Pulse and crumble cheese, dump into a medium size bowl.
- Repeat until all cheese is crumbled.
- Add chopped cilantro, tomatoes, scallions and can of chili's.
- Add in prepared Italian Dressing.
- Mix well and chill for at least an hour.
- Served best with Hint of Lime Tortilla chips.
OK well, I made this this morning and am now eating it with a boneless chicken breast and is it good! I don't like tomatoes so I picked them out but I took some to the hospital for my hubby and he loved it too, with the dreaded tomatoes. I will for sure make this many times, I am trying it with avacado next time! Thanks Carrie :D I can't wait to try it with tortilla chips!