1/1 Photo of Monterey Jack Salsa
Carrie in Indiana's Note:
This came from my friend Jen, who got it from her SIL. I really love this salsa. We try to find new and inventive things to do with it if when we have any leftovers. It is great over grilled chicken and beef. With these ingredients, you could use leftovers with just about everything. It is a bit time consuming with the blender part, but don't let that scare you away, you have to try this salsa! The blender seems to be the best place to get the cheese to a crumb texture. Please enjoy! Preparation time does not include chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) package monterey jack cheese
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, seperated from stems and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced into small,bite size pieces
- 2 bunches scallions, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can of chopped green chili peppers
- 1 (2/3 ounce) packet good season Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup of your favorite oil
- 1Mix Italian Dressing packet with vinegar, water and oil.
- 2Shake well and set side.
- 3Cut Monterey Jack Cheese into chunks and place in a blender a few at a time.
- 4Pulse and crumble cheese, dump into a medium size bowl.
- 5Repeat until all cheese is crumbled.
- 6Add chopped cilantro, tomatoes, scallions and can of chili's.
- 7Add in prepared Italian Dressing.
- 8Mix well and chill for at least an hour.
- 9Served best with Hint of Lime Tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monterey Jack Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (1419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.3
- Calories from Fat 447
- Total Fat 49.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 81.1 mg
- Sodium 507.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 24.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian salad dressing mix