Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
No oil in this recipe. Just cooking spray. Good comfort food! Prep and cook time? No idea!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 egg
- 3 green onions, finely chopped (green part only)
- cooking spray
- In mixing bowl, blend together all ingredients except cooking spray. Batter should be slightly thicker than pancake batter.
- Place a griddle over med-high heat until hot.
- Lightly spray griddle.
- Pour rounds of about 1/4 C batter at a time onto griddle.
- Cook until bubbles come to surface.
- Flip fritters and cook a few minutes more.
- Serve immediately.
Made this for Spring 2008 PAC. It was good and I am surprised my husband ate them since he does not like corn bread. I liked these, never had corn fritters before, seemed more like pancakes; were really good with butter on them. Will make again. Thanks!
This is terrific; mine kinda didn't want to stay together, but it wasn't the rccipe. I used freshly stone-ground cornmeal(larger grain that packaged) and should have add some flour to help bind. DUH! The taste is sooo good; served with salsa and a squeeze of lime. YUM! Will try adding some flour to mine next time. THX
I made these this morning for my mother to take for lunch pot luck type thing and I just couldnt help but snacking on a few while making them! They came together very nicely and flipped well..... I normally have a very hard time flipping anything on my griddle, im kinda griddle impared lol.. Over all a very good corn fritter, the cheese and jalapenos gave it a nice kick. Will make again.