Served with your favorite mashed potatoes.... and this easy salsa topping, it tastes incredible..You will think you're in heaven!
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices bacon, cooked (not too crisp)
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, diced small
- 1 onion, diced small (white or red)
- 1 tomato, diced small
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- At least one hour or even a day ahead of time, make the Salsa Topping.
- Mix Salsa ingredients in a small bowl, chill.
- In a 13x9" baking dish, place the chicken, (not touching) and dot with Butter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-45 minutes, or until done.
- While chicken is cooking fry bacon and shred the cheeses.
- When chicken is fully cooked, remove from oven.
- Turn oven up to 425°F (*Unless you prefer the broiler).
- Spread the barbecue sauce on chicken, then the bacon and then add cheeses.
- Place the baking dish, back into the hot oven* or under the broiler for a few minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly, plate and top with the chilled Salsa Topping.