Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
From "A Peak at the Springs" Cookbook by the Junior League of Colorado Springs. I make several changes when I make this. I don't use flour or butter. I mix the spices in with the bread crumbs, and dip the chicken in either egg beaters or milk before the bread crumbs.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the cheese into six slices, or you can make them smaller depending on the size of the chicken.
- Place the chicken between two sheets of waxed paper and pound with a meat mallet until thin.
- Wrap each chicken cutlet around a slice of cheese.
- Dredge in flour.
- Dip in eggs and then roll in bread crumbs.
- Arrange in a 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine the butter, parsley marjoram and thyme in a small bowl and mix well. Pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Pour the wine over the chicken and bake for another 15 minutes or until cooked through.