Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ground beef is mixed together with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, chopped onion and seasonings, grilled on the barbecue grill and served on a toasted sesame seed bun. Add toppings of your choice. Moist and delicious!
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- melted butter
- Combine shredded cheese, pepper sauce, ground beef, chopped onion, and salt and pepper.
- Mix well, let stand for about 10 minutes and then shape into 8 burgers.
- Grill for about 5 to 6 minutes per side or to desired doneness.
- Brush inside of buns with butter and place cut side down on grill to brown very lightly.
- Serve burgers on warm buns with your favorite toppings.
These are SOOOO good!! Yuummy!! We will be making these often!! Thanks for a great recipe!!
Very good. We made these last night and topped them with a lettuce, red onion, mayo mixture with some cheese. I wanted to make them using onion buns but didn't have any. Very easy and tasty!
Oh, Marie, these were so good! They turned out moist and very flavorful. I made as posted except to add several dashes of hot sauce. Thank you so much for a great recipe that has gone into the keeper file!