Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This unique green bean recipe is full of flavor and sure to please your family and friends. I modified it from a recipe I found in Taste of Home magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- In a saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender.
- Add beans, mushrooms and lemon pepper.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
I first made this recipe quite some time ago after finding it in a Land o Lakes butter recipe booklet. That recipe called for summer savory rather than lemon pepper. I also use frozen green beans rather than canned. This recipe has stood the test of time in our family.