Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
For a change of taste try Cheddar or Colby Monterey Jack cheese blend instead of the Monterey Jack.
- 1 (20 ounce) bagrefrigerated hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (4 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped (from 7- or 11 oz. can)
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce, from can
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spray shallow 1-1/2 quart casserole or gratin dish with nonstick cooking spray. In sprayed casserole, combine potatoes, cheese and onions; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine all remaining ingredients, blend well. Pour over potato mixture; mix well.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown.