Butter...Garlic...Cheese? Chicken rolled in all? How can this recipe not be a keeper?!! My sister-in-law gave me this recipe some 25 years ago. It's just as good today as it was then - maybe even better since my garlic tastes have increased over the years as well as my "eye-balling" measurements (meaning more garlic!). Just be sure not to overcook as the chicken will be dry - follow these directions and the chicken will be moist. This is a great prepare ahead meal that will impress.
- Pound chicken breasts flat.
- Slice Monterey Jack cheese about 1/4" thick, roll chicken around cheese.
- Dip chicken in butter sauce, then in breadcrumb combination.
- Place seam side down in 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees in preheated oven.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more or until browned.