Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One pot wonderful! Bold flavors, simple ingredients!
Make and share this Monterey Chicken Freezer Dinner Kit recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rice
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- In a large freezer bag combine the chicken, olive oil and paprika. Seal the bag and massage chicken to coat well with paprika. Squeeze out as much as you can and seal well.
- In a quart size freezer bag add the onions, peppers and garlic. Seal the bag.
- In a quart size freezer bag add the tomatoes and broth.
- I choose to measure the rice and cheese at this point and place in freezer bags (separately) and freeze.
- Place all of the sealed baggies into a large freezer bag with recipe number or print and tuck inside. Seal the bag. Lay flat in the freezer.
- To cook; thaw.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add chicken and saute until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Stir in onions, peppers and garlic adding a little more oil if needed. Cook until tender being careful not to burn the garlic!
- Add in tomatoes and chicken broth, bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice, return chicken to pan with any juices on plate. Cover and reduce to warm or low.
- Cook until rice is done, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover until cheese melts.