One pot wonderful! Bold flavors, simple ingredients!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rice
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1In a large freezer bag combine the chicken, olive oil and paprika. Seal the bag and massage chicken to coat well with paprika. Squeeze out as much as you can and seal well.
- 2In a quart size freezer bag add the onions, peppers and garlic. Seal the bag.
- 3In a quart size freezer bag add the tomatoes and broth.
- 4I choose to measure the rice and cheese at this point and place in freezer bags (separately) and freeze.
- 5Place all of the sealed baggies into a large freezer bag with recipe number or print and tuck inside. Seal the bag. Lay flat in the freezer.
- 6To cook; thaw.
- 7Heat oil in a skillet.
- 8Add chicken and saute until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- 9Stir in onions, peppers and garlic adding a little more oil if needed. Cook until tender being careful not to burn the garlic!
- 10Add in tomatoes and chicken broth, bring to a boil.
- 11Stir in rice, return chicken to pan with any juices on plate. Cover and reduce to warm or low.
- 12Cook until rice is done, about 5 minutes.
- 13Sprinkle with cheese and cover until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monterey Chicken Freezer Dinner Kit
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.5
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 93.5 mg
- Sodium 993.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 40.9 g