Recipe by yooper
I clipped this from an Ortega ad in a magazine. I usually cook my chicken breasts in my George Foreman grill. You could also sub those pre cooked chicken tenders if you're pressed for time.
Top Review by Mom2Madisyn
This was really easy and the family liked it. My daughter has to eat gluten-free so this was a welcome addition to our recipe collection. I didn't have the taco shells, but did have white corn tortilla chips that i crushed. Also, I didn't have instant rice, so I just made regular rice and cooked it before adding it to the casserole. It only needed to bake about 25 to 30 minutes then.
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast, cut into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces (4 cups)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottleortega thick and smooth taco sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (4 ounce) cansortega diced green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3⁄4 cup instant rice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced riped olives, drained
- 1 (12 count) package taco shells, crumbled
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 cups cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- sliced green onion
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl combine chicken cubes, taco sauce, onion, chilies, corn, rice, water and olives.
- Spoon into ungreased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine taco shell pieces and cheese.
- Sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until top is golden brown.