Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
5 ingredients... talk about easy :) I found this on the helmans site and it turned out well for me.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup prepared chunky salsa
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Brush chicken with mayonnaise on all sides then dip in bread crumbs until evenly coated.
- Arrange chicken in a 9x13" pan.
- Bake 15 minutes; top with salsa then cheese.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Made this for my husband tonight and he said it was good. I didn't have it, as we did chicken breasts two different ways and I'm not really into salsa. I did change a tiny bit, as I didn't think the bread crumbs would go with the salsa, so I stirred some taco seasoning into the mayo, added a touch of sour cream to the mixture, then skipped the breading and just baked it like that. I'll make this again when he's craving salsa chicken. Thanks for sharing.
Very good easy and fast recipe. Thanks for posting
This was very good and got 5 stars from the family. It tasted sort of like nachos. I found the amounts to be a bit off. I bought 1.5lb of chicken tenders, and I only used about 1/4c of the mayonnaise (reduced fat) and maybe 1/2c of the breadcrumbs. I could have used more salsa though - maybe 1.25 c? I also used a reduced fat Mexican blend for the cheese. I will definitely be making this again.