Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A tasty blend of chicken , stuffing and cheese
Make and share this Monterey Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes seasoned stuffing mix
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces california-blend frozen vegetables, frozen
- Make stuffing mix according to directions on the box, using 1/4 cup less water.
- Spread stuffing in the bottom of a 9 x 13 in baking dish that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Spread sour cream over stuffing.
- Spread California Blend vegetables over sour cream.
- Lay raw chicken over Vegetables.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over chicken.
- Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese over all.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Uncover foil and bake 15 minutes until browned.
I was surprised at how good this was! I halved the recipe, and when I went to pull out my veggies I found I did not have California blend, so I used corn. Otherwise I followed this exactly. My only complaint is that the stuffing gets more crust-like than I'd prefer, but that wasn't unexpected. This was really tasty, my husband and I really liked it, my 1 year old inhaled her entire plate full, and my 3 year old even ate a few bites (he is in an ultra-picky phase). Definitely a keeper. Made for PAC Spring '11.
Just a note that you list cream cheese in the ingredients and sour cream in the directions. I would guess it is the sour cream but only you would know :-) Sounds great though.