This recipe comes straight from Chili's itself! I asked a manager and this is what he told me!
Make and share this Monterey Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Mix the honey, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and salt together and place chicken breasts in it. Add enough water to bring the marinade up to the middle of the chicken breast.
- Mix together the marinade (as mentioned above) and place into a ZipLoc bag large enough for all the chicken breasts to fit inches Add water until the marinade reaches the top of the chicken breasts.
- Marinate for as close to 8 hours as possible.
- To cook:.
- Bake, Broil, Grill or Skillet Fry, either way works well. Chili's grills (and I prefer grilled). Choose your preferred method and cook until the breasts are done.
- While the breasts are cooking, fry up the bacon until CRISP!
- When the chicken is done, top each breast with 2 tbsps of BBQ sauce, two strips of bacon and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Microwave the breasts (or broil) until the cheese is melted.
Delicious chicken recipe. I chose to fry my bacon in pieces and top each breast, instead of as written. My cooking method of choice was to sear them in my grill pan first and then finish in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes. Perfect. :)
Delicious! I scaled back the recipe and made it with chicken tenders, so I used about a half of a piece of bacon on each one. I baked it at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes. I think it would be even better grilled, so I will probably try that next time!