Recipe by gailanng
Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly. Chill time not included.
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed corn chips
- 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (with peppers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (with peppers)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 large avocado, peeled, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 large avocados, peeled and sliced
- corn chips, to serve (try the blue corn chips for color)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crushed corn chips, 1/4 cup shredded Cheese and butter; press in the bottom and up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in remaining 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheese, garlic, cumin, salt and red pepper.
- Spread half of mixture in prepared pan.
- Arrange 1 sliced avocado over top, and spread with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Bake cheesecake at 325° for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Gently run a knife around sides of pan.
- Cool completely.
- Spread sour cream evenly over top; cover with plastic wrap and chill 8 hours.
- Arrange chopped bell pepper and remaining sliced avocado on top.
- Serve with corn chips.