Recipe by Ridgely
Sounds a little interesting huh? A spicy cheese dip with a little crunch. When my youngest sister comes into town, we always make a batch of this cheese dip up and eat and talk in to the wee hours.
Top Review by Marmish
I made this ahead of time and reheated it when my guests arrived (both steps in the microwave). It had good flavor, but I would prefer something creamier. It may also have been my cheese, which was only ok quality. I will definitely try this again when I have a better quality cheese.
- 1 lb jalapeno jack cheese, grated
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, put through garlic press
- 2 ounces chopped pimiento
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- sunflower seeds, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and garlic.
- Bake in a 350º oven for about 20 minutes or microwave on High for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in half of the pimento, onion and sunflower nuts.
- Bake for 5 more minutes, or microwave on High for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- (Can be prepared ahead, refrigerated up to a week and reheated in oven or microwave until hot. Stir well to recombine.) Garnish with remaining ingredients, placing pimento in the center, green onion around the pimento and sunflower nuts around the edge.
- Serve with tortilla chips, preferably lightly salted, white corn chips.