Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick low-carb snack. I find that these work better than some similar recipes that use shredded cheese. The spices on these really 'pop' too - Yum!!!! I've also used Colby-Jack cheese, and it works great.
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Slice cheese into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Place slices 3 inches apart on nonstick baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown - watch closely. Making sure they're golden brown is important - this will ensure they 'crisp' as they cool.
- Leave crisps on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes, then carefully place crisps on paper towels to finish cooling.
- These store well in an airtight container.
These are a great low carb snack. Love these!
I really loved this recipe, and found that cheese does matter in this sort of thing. I can't imagine trying anything else besides Monterey Jack cheese for such a recipe. I also had trouble cutting them in 1/4 inches, so they came out a little thicker, which didn't bother me at all.
Such a great recipe, I made these with extra large cheese slices and ate them as tostadas. Delicious. Thanks so much!