1/1 Photo of Monterey Cheese and Chicken Tortillas
Kind of an interesting twist on enchiladas. We call them Italian enchiladas!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup olive, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 8 corn tortillas or 8 flour tortillas
- 1Cube or grate the cheese.
- 2Saute onion and garlice in butter for 5 minutes.
- 3Add tomatoes and spices. Bring to boil and simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- 4Blend liquid from mushrooms with flour. Stir into tomato mixture.
- 5Add mushrooms, olives and chicken. Cook stirring until thick.
- 6Divide chicken mixture between the 8 tortillas and sprinkle the 1 cup of cheese between them.
- 7Roll and place in dish seam side down and top with the remaining cheese.
- 8Place under broiler until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monterey Cheese and Chicken Tortillas
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.3
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 92.3 mg
- Sodium 772.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 28.3 g