1/2 Photos of Monterey BBQ Chicken Bake
1 hr 5 mins
I loved this when I ate out at a couple steak houses...I tried to replicate it and this is the closest I've got! My husband now begs me to make it more often now. :) This is normally 2 servings, but can be quite large. You can cut each breast in half to make 4 servings and still get the same results. Great with steamed broccoli (or broccoli and cheese) and baked potato with all the fixin's!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (completely thawed)
- 4 -6 slices bacon
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (you may not use it up, depending on how much you use)
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- green onion stems (optional)
- 1 (24 ounce) bottle Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- mccormick grill mates barbecue seasoning (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Lightly spray bottom of medium to large baking dish with regular cooking spray. Chop green onion stems into small pieces, as much as you would like.
- 3Fry bacon on stove until crispy. Lay flat on paper towels to absorb grease. After it cools, crumble bacon and set aside. (I used the precooked microwave bacon and it turned out good).
- 4Brush both sides of chicken breasts with barbecue sauce. Lay chicken flat in a shallow baking dish and season with the barbecue seasoning. Flip and season opposite sides.
- 5Let chicken set for 10 minutes. Brush each chicken breast with barbecue again. Pour Hidden Valley Ranch dressing over each chicken breast, covering thoroughly.
- 6Place crumbled bacon pieces over chicken in dish. Add shredded Montery Jack cheese (make sure to completely cover the chicken with cheese) and green onions over dish.
- 7Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes uncovered. Comes out very tender!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monterey BBQ Chicken Bake
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2725.3
- Calories from Fat 2001
- Total Fat 222.3 g
- Saturated Fat 53.3 g
- Cholesterol 305.8 mg
- Sodium 7019.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 125.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 82.2 g
- Protein 59.8 g