Recipe by looneytunesfan
Turns regular chicken into a savory dish with barbecue sauce, crisp bacon and melty cheese. It gets even better with a sprinkling of fresh tomatoes and green onions.
Top Review by French Tart
This was fabulous! What is not to like - chicken, bacon, cheese and BBQ sauce, a great combo and devoured my both of us! I am saving this recipe for my daughter when she gets home from university, as she would love this. Made for Phase 2 of T,Y and M. A delicious recipe thanks! FT:-)
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- Drain drippings from skillet; cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Top each chicken breast with barbecue sauce, green onions, tomato and two reserved bacon pieces; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.