Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Turns regular chicken into a savory dish with barbecue sauce, crisp bacon and melty cheese. It gets even better with a sprinkling of fresh tomatoes and green onions.
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- Drain drippings from skillet; cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Top each chicken breast with barbecue sauce, green onions, tomato and two reserved bacon pieces; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This was fabulous! What is not to like - chicken, bacon, cheese and BBQ sauce, a great combo and devoured my both of us! I am saving this recipe for my daughter when she gets home from university, as she would love this. Made for Phase 2 of T,Y and M. A delicious recipe thanks! FT:-)
Can't go wrong with this combination! I used nonstick cooking spray instead of butter for cooking the chicken (personal preference. Delicious and easy! Thanks for sharing!
5 stars for flavor! We didn't follow the cooking directions. Loved this recipe but since I have a brand new kitchen, I baked the bacon in the oven and then baked the rest of the dish. I really don't like what bacon grease does to the kitchen. Also, I added cumin to the chicken before baking and sprinkled with chopped cilantro in the last ten minutes of baking. Baked at 350F for 45 minutes until the juices from the chicken ran clean. Very tasty with the bbq sauce, onions, tomato, bacon and cheese. Heck, anything is great with bacon and cheese. My DH agrees! Thanks for sharing a real keeper.