Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
You don't need high-fat ingredients to make this Jamaican-style grilled chicken taste good. The marinade both flavors and tenderizes the meat. From the April/May 2003 Taste of Home Light & Tasty magazine. Time does not include marinade time.
Top Review by Peter J
Beautiful! I marinated for around 4 hours and the wonderful flavours from the marinade came through really well. It also gave the chicken a nice colour without having to cook it on too high heat, keeping it nice and tender inside.
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz. each)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill chicken, uncovered, over indirect medium heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.