Recipe by Anulazuli
Very tasty, but when heating the oil, make sure you have a door or window open. And you can also substitute the heavy cream with half-and-half in a pinch, that's what I used and it came out great!
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons strawberry jam or 6 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 12 slices white bread, toasted
- 18 slices swiss cheese or 18 slices gruyere
- 12 slices ham
- 12 slices turkey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- powdered sugar, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Whisk eggs, cream, sugar, salt, dry mustard and cayenne in shallow dish until combined,.
- Stir jam and Dijon mustard in small bowl.
- Spread 1 tsp of jam mixture on one side of each piece of toast.
- Layer slices of cheese, ham and turkey on 6 slices of toast. repeat with second layer of cheese, ham and turkey, top with other piece of toast (jam side down!), lightly press down sandwiches.
- Pour oil into rimmed pan and heat until just smoking, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat each sandwich (both sides) with egg mixture and transfer to large plate.
- When oil is ready transfer sandwiches to oil and bake for about 4-5 minutes per side, Pat excess oil off and serve immediately with remaining jam mix and powdered sugar.