Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk until well combined.
- Place en equal number of slices of the turkey, ham and Swiss cheese on 8 slices of the bread.
- Top with the remaining 8 slices of bread.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over low heat.
- Dip 2 sandwiches, 1 at a time, in the egg mixture, coating completely.
- Place in the skillet and cook 2-3 minutes on each side, or until bread is golden and cheese melts.
- Repeat with the remaining sandwiches, adding more butter as needed.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately with preserves on the side for dipping.
I have had this sandwich before at a local restraunt, that is now out of business...So I cannot get them any longer, but now I can make them! A variation on the sandwich I have had is that it didn't have turkey on it, and they gave you pancake syrup to dip it in! MMMMMMMM, very yummy sandwich, everyone should try it at least once!
I won't rate since I made changes, but I wanted to say how tasty it is. I was out of cheese so I just spread on some cream cheese. I was afraid my kids would make a mess of the jam so I spread that on as well. Like I said, I changed it enough that I hate to rate it, but followed otherwise and would rate it 4.5 starts for an easy comfort-food type sandwich!
Same recipe I've been using for years, except I use fewer eggies. :-) Have never tried it with jam OR syrup, will have to do that the next time. I'm sure the "sweet" will appeal to my darling children!!! Can also be made using other "heavy duty" breads for a yummy taste-change.