Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The larger the toothpicks the better for this! I use seasoned salt when I made this but white salt is fine!
- Heat about 5 inches oil in a deep-fryer to 365 degrees.
- While the oil is heating prepare the batter; in a medium bowl whisk together the egg and water.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper; whisk into the egg mixture until smooth; set aside and chill.
- To assemble the sandwiches; place one slice of turkey one one slice of bread, then a slice of ham on an other slice of bread, then "sandwich" them with a slice of Swiss cheese in the middle.
- Cut the sandwich into quarters then secure with toothpicks.
- Dip each sandwich quarter into the batter so that all the sides are coated.
- Deep-fry in hot oil until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove the toothpicks and arrange on a serving tray.
- Dust with confectioners sugar just before serving.