1/7 Photos of Monte Cristo Sandwich
A great brunch item! One of my husbands favorite filling, baked, french toast style, sandwiches filled with cheese, ham, turkey & mustard. Raspberry preserves is a must for him. Could be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This is a LESSER FAT Monte Cristo recipe being baked and not fried full of flavor! I also like to buy the low salt cold cuts or use fresh baked turkey leftovers sliced thin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices bread (I use challah)
- 4 teaspoons honey dijon mustard
- 8 slices thin deli sliced swiss cheese
- 8 slices thin deli ham
- 8 slices thin deli sliced turkey (I like smoked)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk (low fat to try to keep it low in fat!)
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- raspberry preserves, for dipping
- 1Heat oven to 425°F.
- 2Lightly butter a baking sheet pan. I use the spray.
- 3Spread 1/2 teaspoon mustard on each slice of bread.
- 4Layer between mustard sides of two slices of bread, 1 slice cheese, 2 slices ham, 2 slices turkey, and another slice of cheese.
- 5Repeat to make four sandwiches. Whisk eggs, flour, butter, salt and pepper in a shallow dish until smooth.
- 6Blend in milk.
- 7DIP both sides of sandwiches into egg mixture until bread is lightly soaked.
- 8Place on baking sheet; drizzle any remaining egg mixture over top of sandwiches.
- 9Bake 8-10 minutes until bottom is golden brown.
- 10Turn with wide spatula and continue baking 8-10 minutes or until second side is golden brown.
- 11Serve warm dusted with powdered sugar and dip or spread raspberry preserves on sandwiches.
- 12Garnish with fresh raspberries.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monte Cristo Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.6
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 231.6 mg
- Sodium 1321.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 33.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
honey dijon mustard