Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
Their is only one word for this sandwich and its Yummy!
- 4 slices firm bread
- 4 teaspoons raspberry preserves
- 2 ounces very thinly sliced low-fat smoked ham
- 2 slices lowfat swiss cheese (2 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 egg white
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon sifted powdered sugar
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with preserves.
- Layer ham and cheese between the spread side of the bread slices.
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate, beat together milk and egg white.
- Coat a nonstick pan or griddle with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Dip each sandwich in milk mixture, turning to coat.
- Place in pan; cook 2 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Liked this healthier way to make this great sandwich. Added some sliced turkey breast and dijon mustard to make it the way I am used to. Put the mustard on the bread insides when cooking and kept the preserves outside for dipping. I didn't have firm bread, so I toasted some sliced multigrain bread before making, which worked fine. Thanks for sharing!
Delicious! Quick and easy! I didn't put the jam on the sandwich as I prefer to have it "on the side" and didn't want the sandwiches to get "mushy" since DH wasn't eating right away. They were perfect! Thank you for posting! Made for My 3 Chefs 2008.