Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 8 slices brioche bread (about 1/4-inch thick)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creole mustard or 1⁄2 cup whole grain mustard
- 16 capacola sausage, thin slices
- 12 swiss cheese, thin slices
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper, Freshly ground
- 2 medium yellow onions, marinated in hot sauce, dredged in flour and fried until golden brown and seasoned
- Preheat the griddle. Brush one side of each piece of broiche with butter. Spread the other half with mustard.
- On four slices of bread, mustard side up, lay a piece of cheese. Place two slices of sausage on top of the cheese. Lay a piece of cheese over the sausage. Place two slices of sausage on top of the cheese. Lay a piece of cheese over the sausage. Top each pile with the remaining bread, mustard side down.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and cream together .
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip sandwiches in the egg mixture and place on a hot griddle and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Slice the sandwiches in half and serve with the fried onions
Made this tonight for dinner, it was very good and filling.