1/2 Photos of Monte Cristo Sandwich
Use lower carb, lower fat options to make it healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread each slice of bread with Dijon mustard on one side and the softened butter on the other. With the mustard side facing up, layer a slice of swiss, turkey, ham, and top with another slice of swiss.
- 2Top each with the remaining bread slices, buttered-side up. Press down on the sandwiches to set.
- 3In a wide, shallow dish (like a pie plate) combine the cream, eggs and pepper, using a whisk. Set aside.
- 4Heat a large, heavy-bottomed sauté pan or griddle over medium heat. When the pan is ready, dip the sandwiches in the cream mixture to coat well. You will have bits of egg clinging to the bread's surface.
- 5Cook the sandwiches for 3 - 4 minutes on each side or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monte Cristo Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 769.6
- Calories from Fat 455
- Total Fat 50.6 g
- Saturated Fat 27.8 g
- Cholesterol 291.4 mg
- Sodium 2245.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 46.5 g