Recipe by Vicki in CT
Best sandwich turned into baked squares. From 125th Anniversary Pennsylvania State Grange Cookbook.
Top Review by Debbwl
Better then a traditional Monte Cristo in that there is a ton less fat and calories. Also like that it is easier and much less messy then a traditional Monte Cristo to make. Thanks for sharing this update version of an old favorite.
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 6 ounces low-fat swiss cheese, sliced thin
- 6 ounces deli reduced-fat ham, sliced thin
- 6 ounces deli reduced-fat turkey, sliced thin
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry all-fruit spread or 1⁄3 cup raspberry spreadable fruit
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix bisquick, egg, and milk. Combine. Spread HALF of dough into 8 inch square pan.
- Top with half of cheese, half of ham, half of turkey.
- Spread fruit spread within 1/2" of sides of pan. Top with remaining cheese, ham, and turkey.
- Spread remaining dough over this.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.