Posted for Zaar World Tour - USA - regional South (North Carolina). Recipe source: local newspaper - recipe was from North Carolina and won grand prize in the 2006 Cornbread Festival Cook-off sponsored by Martha White (cornbread mixes)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (7 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 1/2 cups turkey, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup ham, cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup currant jelly
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions, excep bake in a 10 1/2 inch cast iron skillet (Cornbread will be thin). Remove from skillet; cool and cut into cubes. Wipe out skillet with paper towels and grease well.
- 2Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- 3Place cornbread cubes in skillet, topping with turkey, ham and shredded cheese.
- 4In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and mayonnaise, 1 tablespon mustard, salt and pepper until blended. Pour over meat and cheese.
- 5Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set and light brown.
- 6In a saucepan warm jelly to melt and add 1 tablepoon mustard, whisking to blend.
- 7Remove skillet from oven.
- 8Cut into wedges, sprinkling with confectioners sugar and serve with current jelly/mustard sauce.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monte Cristo Cornbread Skillet Supper
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.9
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 160.1 mg
- Sodium 1041.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: