Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Something you could be proud to serve your family. Easy and healthy and most of all delicious. You might consider doubling the sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- herbes de provence
- all-purpose flour (for dusting)
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon butter
- julienned lemon zest (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F Heat oil in a large ovenproof sauté pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt, pepper and herbes de Provence. Dust with flour; tap off excess. Cook, meaty side down, 5 minutes. Turn over; cook 1 minute. Add garlic and shallot; stir 30 seconds. Add wine; cook 1 minute. Add stock; cook 30 seconds. Add lemon juice.
- Transfer pan to oven. Bake until chicken is cooked through, 9 to 13 minutes. Transfer chicken to cutting board. Place pan over medium heat; simmer sauce 1 minute. Add butter; swirl pan until butter incorporates and sauce thickens slightly.
- Cut each breast into 4 slices; transfer each to a plate; top with sauce and garlic. Serve with spinach; garnish with zest, if desired.
Overall a good recipe, but nothing special. I wouldn't go out of my way to make this again.
Delicious! Mine came out a bit too lemony BUT that was due to my mistake in reading the recipe - and know the recipe would have been perfect if I didn't add so much lemon. I thought the 1/4 lemon meant 1/4 Cup lemon (with the Food.com change over and some recipes having amt. mistakes) - so ended up adding about 1/2 cup lemon when doubling the recipe...oops! Even with my mistake, I could tell this recipe was a definite winner. After slicing the chicken, we fanned the slices over brown & wild rice then spooned the sauce over. Yummy. I will make this again, using less lemon. Thank you!
This was delicious!!! I made exactly as written except I doubled the sauce amounts and added a splash of heavy cream for a little bit of a thickner and also seasoned with Fleur De Sel (french sea salt) and pepper. The whole family loved it and not any leftovers!! I served it with Recipe #345703, green beans and garlic bread for a terrific meal!! Thanks for sharing cookiedog!! Made for ZWT 5.