1/6 Photos of Monte Cristo Casserole
One of my sons could not get past the Monte Cristo sandwich at the Blue Bayou Restaurant in Disneyland. I made this casserole for him and he loved it. I hope you do to.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 6 eggs or 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) packages frozen French toast, slices,thawed
- 8 ounces deli ham, diced
- 8 ounces deli turkey, diced
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberry ice cream topping
- 1Preheat oven to 375^F.
- 2Pour milk in a microwaveable container and heat until hot.
- 3Whisk eggs in small bowl and add hot milk to eggs, blend.
- 4Cut French toast into 3/4 inch cubes; place in a large bowl.
- 5Pour egg mixture over bread cubes, toss gently, set aside.
- 6Combine ham, turkey, cheese and parsley in a bowl.
- 7Spray a 13x9x2 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- 8Layer half the french toast cubes with half the meat mixture in bottom of pan.
- 10Let stand for at least 10 minutes (It can be held overnight.) Set at room temperature for a few minutes before baking-or bake a little longer if it's cold.
- 11Bake 30-35 minutes until golden brown and set in center.
- 12Cool 10 minutes.
- 13Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 14Slice strawberries.
- 15Combine strawberries with strawberry ice cream topping in a small bowl.
- 16Cut casserole into squares.
- 17Serve topped with strawberry mixture.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monte Cristo Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.3
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 171.8 mg
- Sodium 832.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 16.6 g