Recipe by Dwynnie
This is like Monte Cristo Sandwiches, but is much easier! (It is essentially a strata!) Make sure that you eat these "sandwiches" with a fork (at the least) and enjoy! Note: Cooking time does not include time in the fridge.
- 8 slices white bread
- 3⁄4 lb cooked turkey, diced
- 3⁄4 lb cooked ham, diced
- 3 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons raspberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim 4 pieces of bread and put in the bottom of a 9 x 9 glass casserole.
- Evenly sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over the bread.
- Layer the turkey and ham evenly over the cheese.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining cheese over the meat.
- Cover with the remaining pieces of bread.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, mustard, and onion powder, then pour over the bread.
- Press lightly on the bread with a fork, pushing down into the egg mixture.
- Cover and chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 60 minutes or until the top and sides are golden.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving, sprinkled with the powdered sugar.
- Serve with raspberry preserves on the side.