Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is like Monte Cristo Sandwiches, but is much easier! (It is essentially a strata!) Make sure that you eat these "sandwiches" with a fork (at the least) and enjoy! Note: Cooking time does not include time in the fridge.
- Trim 4 pieces of bread and put in the bottom of a 9 x 9 glass casserole.
- Evenly sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over the bread.
- Layer the turkey and ham evenly over the cheese.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining cheese over the meat.
- Cover with the remaining pieces of bread.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, mustard, and onion powder, then pour over the bread.
- Press lightly on the bread with a fork, pushing down into the egg mixture.
- Cover and chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 60 minutes or until the top and sides are golden.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving, sprinkled with the powdered sugar.
- Serve with raspberry preserves on the side.